|Wanderer Jak and Jill Dome Tent||Check Price
|Oztent RV4 Touring Canvas Tent||Check Price
|Coleman Instant Up 4P Gold||Check Price
|Dometic Hayman 4 AIR||Check Price
|OZtrail Tasman 4V Plus Dome Tent||Check Price
There are so many four man tents available it can be hard to choose the best one for you.
We looked at 19 different tents to try and find the best four man tent. I narrowed down these 19 to my top 5, and have included a detailed list of each tent’s features, pros and cons.
Read on for a detailed look at each of the 5 four-man tents I looked at, as well as a handy Buyer’s Guide to bring some considerations to your attention before you make your final choice.
Best 4 Person Tent – Models Reviewed
A great four-man tent provides ventilation, plenty of space, waterproof premium fabric, protection from insects so keep those things in mind as you look at the potential options.
If you’re looking for a four-man tent that is affordable for your perfect getaway, then this is the right product for you! Wanderer Jak and Jill Dome Tent serve the ultimate purpose.
The tent is constructed from Fly 180T polyester and water-resistant fabric with a maximum hydrostatic head of 1500 mm. The tent is partially waterproof, but you may need a tent cover when the weather changes.
The product dimension measures 205L x 120W X 105H cm and weighs 2.8 kg, so it is convenient to carry it anywhere you want to set up during your camping trip.
The poles are made with durable fiberglass to create better grip and act as a sound support system. UPF50+ fabric protects you from getting sunburnt and keeps you safe. The tent even features a vented top of the product for better airflow and comfort. The windows are bug-proof mesh.
The door is designed in such a way that it allows the breeze to flow with ease while preventing bugs from entering.
- It provides sunlight and UV protection.
- Waterproof from the outside for a perfect dry camping experience.
- Portable and easy setup structure.
- It is a roll-down door that provides easy access.
- The tent’s floor is strong.
- You cannot use it as a permanent or semi-permanent tent.
Looking for something that will be easy to set up and pack away whenever and wherever you want? Then Oztent Rv4 Touring Canvas Tent is the best option for you.
This tent is one of the largest in Oztent’s collection, and it is just right for two or more people with all their gear.
The external dimensions measure 440L x 240W cm and internal dimensions measure 240L x 240W. The height of the tent is 190 cm and weighs 23 kg. If you are wondering about the awning, we’ve got your back.
The awning measures 200L x 240W cm. The material used to manufacture the tent is 190G/80z ripstop polycotton canvas.
It also has no-see-um mesh on the windows and doors, which will keep you protected from small insects.
The package includes 16 tent pegs, four attached guy ropes and offers PVC heavy-duty floor for a better experience while sleeping. The awning poles included are 2 x 1.9 m with a solid framing of aluminum.
When installed, the front door, rear and side window will fully function with awning stiffeners.
- There is a power inlet for your phone charger.
- The package includes a carry bag to pack it and keep it in.
- Superfine insect-resistant mesh for all doors and windows.
- Two-year warranty.
- Additional costs for accessories.
Why is it better than the others?
Oztent Rv4 Touring Canvas Tent provides features that very few brands offer at this reasonable price. Two years of warranty and replacement service and a carry bag included.
The tent frame is aluminum-made, the lightest and sturdiest material for a tent. This frame makes the brand stand out from other products, and the other features like pockets and power inlet make this the ultimate four-man tent.
This product is one of my favorites because it not only comes in a convenient size, but it is affordable, has easy installation, and packs away easily so that you have more time to enjoy your activities with your loved ones.
This instant camping solution accommodates up to 4 people, and it takes only two minutes to set up this fantastic product.
It won’t be enjoyable if you spend most of your time figuring out how to install your tent rather than making memories with your friends or family.
Let’s get to the tent features:
- The material used in the product is a 3000 mm maximum hydrostatic head. 3000 mm HH is considered waterproof. The material is also scratch and wear-resistant.
- Seam-sealed stitching on the fabric means there is no chance for leakage during untimely rain.
- You can zip up the awning as and when you need it for protection and privacy. Even multiple entries are made easier for this heavy-duty zipper.
- The product offers a great ventilation system due to the large opening of doors and windows.
- The flooring is done with rigid poly oxford PVC to protect you from the ground.
- Easy and quick installation.
- Can accommodate four people along with their personal belongings.
- Excellent quality without the extra cost of a canvas tent.
- Includes a handy carry bag that can fit in your car’s boot or take up minimum space in your garage.
- Organizers and power cord management system.
- Hooks and loop strips are to be sold separately for attaching the exclusive products (Coleman Deluxe Gazebo).
Why is it the best value?
Coleman Instant Up 4P Gold provides the best value because it provides many incredible features at a reliable price.
The detailed features with extra comfortable designs are a part of what makes this product unique. Exceptionally few products will be able to offer these exclusive characteristics as the Coleman Instant does.
They prioritize your needs and privacy even when you are enjoying your outing.
Be it for short or long days, and the Domestic Hayman 4 AIR Tent is always ready to provide you with its best features that are sure to amaze you.
From beginners to hiking and camping pros, everyone will love how easy it is to install. The distinctive feature of this product is an inflatable tent design with AirFrame technology that ensures a quick setup, and you can fold it away within seconds.
The features of the products are as follows:
- The material used is Weathershield™ 68D polyester, super light and highly durable. This material will hold steady under the harshest of weather conditions.
- Dimensions of the product: depth 4100 mm, height 1950 mm, width 3000 mm with a weight of 18.7 kg
- While packed, the dimensions of the product are: depth 780 mm, height 400 mm and width 400 mm.
- The product consists of 1 tent, 1 inner tent, 1 2L pump, 1 canopy pole set, 1 peg pack, 1 manual, 1 carry bag and 1 Footprint and Carpet.
- The features also include a quick pitch guying system, which means one can set it up within seconds. All you need to do is attach the peg with the help of the bottom strap and adjust the buckle to apply tension, and you’re ready to go!
- Durability and stability of the tent even in unpredictable weather.
- Prevent insects and other pests from entering the tent.
- Four people can camp in this spacious tent.
- It comes with a manual book that provides setup instructions.
- Quite challenging to carry the package.
If you’re looking for a four-man tent but are on a tight budget, then OZtrail Tasman 4V Plus Dome Tent is perfect. This popular product was designed because OZtrail takes the precious feedback from the customers and utilizes them to develop their brand.
They focus on the top five motives: quick setup, rigid and durable construction, weather-proof, protection from the climate, and adaptable design for better interaction with the user. Let’s dive into the features:
- It is a full-length 4V dome with extra cover outdoor space, a full-height front entrance that is spacious enough to fit a few chairs, and doors on the front, rear and side.
- Large mesh panels in all windows keep the insects and other flies from biting you while you sleep.
- These mesh panels make the ambience better for sound sleep.
- 100% polyester. The inner material keeps you cool and dry during hot and humid camping.
- The Tensile Tab with J-Hooks is a clever triangular seam inserted with patches and hooks so that you can attach the tents to the poles, making the product easy and fast to install.
- Dry Guard Plus gives the ultimate protection from the rain with winds and has storm flaps that are velcro closed.
- Silver coated UVTex 2000 fly helps to protect from heat and cools the tent.
- Lantern hooks and organizer pouches to keep your wallets, shoes and much more.
- D-style doors to avoid the risk of stumbling while getting in or leaving the space.
- Carry bag provided.
- Different areas to keep some gear out of the elements.
- You do not get awning poles with the package.
Best 4 Person Tent – Buyers Guide
How big are four-man tents?
Generally, the size of a four-man tent varies from brand to brand, but it ranges between 200 cm to 1000 cm. If you are a family of four, then a medium size tent is perfect.
If you are a family of more than four, then there is a chance you might need a larger tent.
Some tents have a structure that is 111 – 127 cm high with 4.9 – 5.5 square meters of floor space and 2 – 3.7 square meters of vestibule area.
This tent offers cozy accommodation to any enthusiasts looking for a memorable time outdoor camping.
What style can you get in a four-man tent?
Sometimes buying a four-man tent is not enough. Purchasing a tent in the latest style that will be loved by your family should be a priority. There are many styles of tent:
- Tunnel tents
- Semi geodesic tents
- Rigid tents
Let me explain the differences.
These tents are the most basic tent you can find and are known as the “A-frame” tent, and every tent holds this shape. This style comes from a cross pole, called a ridge, and stretches across the length of the tent.
The design is simple, effective, and likely to hold up better than most modern tent styles.
Dome tents are one of the most famous tent styles, and it comes in different colors and sizes. They also have features like a rainfly and a porch section, which you can use as a storage space. Stability may be a problem if you buy this kind of tent.
We know all tents need a proper setup or installation, but not this tent. You pop it up, and it is ready to use. Sounds cool, right? You can use it for short day trips like music festivals or as a backyard tent for your kids.
What different materials are four-man tents made from?
Material plays a vital role in the process of buying a tent. It affects the durability and sustainability of the products. You need to know aspects such as material weight, whether the materials are breathable or not, and whether the fabric is UV protected or not.
We have taken a brief look at the basic materials that are used in manufacturing tents:
Cotton is regarded as one of the best tent fabrics, and it justifies its extra cost. This material can be an excellent investment for the person who wants to buy a tent at a reasonable price.
Cotton tents can be waterproof and rain repellent but can impact the tent’s quality with time if not maintained. Cotton helps balance the temperature outside and inside the tent and provides a noise-free space when the wind is raging outside.
This fabric serves a tent’s basic purpose: protecting it from rain. The manufacturers apply various coatings to polyester, giving it water resistance measured by a parameter known as “maximum hydrostatic head.”
You can see the hydrostatic head measured in millimeters, explaining how many mm of water the fabric can resist before letting water through. Typically, 3000 mm is considered waterproof.
The best part is that polyester is not affected by dirt, grease, and oil. On the other hand, DWR treatment, if used on the outer portion, can damage the fabric. If you are wondering if polyester is right for you, just keep in mind that it is durable and requires very little maintenance.
As the name suggests, it is a mixture of polyester and cotton, and this fabric offers the best of both worlds and is comfortable and convenient.
Polycotton is durable and low-cost like cotton and offers strong protection against bad weather while remaining breathable like polyester.
Best 4 Person Tent – Frequently Asked Questions
Why Should I Purchase a Four-Person Tent?
When camping with your family or friends, a 4-person tent is a good option. It’s ideal for two adults with two children, a couple of people with pets and equipment, or three adults. If you want to put a larger bed inside, you can even use it on your own.
What is the Most Important Factor to Keep in Mind when Purchasing a 4-Person Tent?
The total floor surface you have at your disposal is the first thing to consider. Even though manufacturers market many tents as 4-person tents, some have more usable space than others.
Another consideration is whether the tent provides protection — the tent must keep you dry if it begins to rain.
What Should I Look for in Terms of Construction Features?
Strong pole structure and tough fabric are the essential features you need to look for. It all depends on where and how you’ll be using the tent, so make sure it can withstand heavy rain and wind.
How Long Does it Take to Put it Together?
Generally, one can set up a tent in 15 minutes or less (even faster if you don’t have to do everything yourself). How long it takes is, however, dependent on the size and design of the tent. Choose a pop-up model, such as the Coleman Instant Cabin, if you want to save time putting it together.
How do I Maintain My Tent?
Make sure to clean the tent before packing it and storing it. Shake off dirt and debris, and if mud is present, wipe it away with a damp cloth. Also, always let it completely dry before putting it in the bag, or it will become moldy and smell bad the next time you open it.