Table of Contents
- Best Camping Stove – Comparison Table
- Camping Stove – In Depth Reviews
- Happy Home Portable Single Burner Gas Stove (Cheapest Camping Stove)
- Coleman Hyperflame Fyreknight Two-Burner Stove(Best Camping Stove)
- Companion Two-Burner Wok Stove (Best Value For Money)
- Companion Three Burner Deluxe Gas Stove
- Zempire Two-Burner Grill Stove
- Companion Double Burner Propane Camping Stove
- Best Camping Stove – Buyers Guide
We compared six of the most popular camping stove’s currently available in Australia and found the Coleman Hyperflame Fyreknight two-burner stove stood out as the best camping stove on the market.
Though the Happy Home Singler Burner Gas Stove was the cheapest, we felt the best overall value for money was provided by the Companion Two Burner Wok Stove.
Best Camping Stove – Comparison Table
|Happy Home Single Burner Gas Stove||Check Price
|Coleman Hyperflame Fyreknight Two-Burner Stove||Check Price
|Companion Two-Burner Wok Stove||Check Price
|Companion Three Burner Deluxe Gas Stove||Check Price
|Zempire Two-Burner Grill Stove||Check Price
|Companion Double Burner Propane Camping Stove||Check Price
Camping Stove – In Depth Reviews
Further details overall six models we explored as well as important factors you should consider before making any camping stove purchase are included below.
This single burner stove is compact and perfect for solo campers and travelers. The lightweight of 6.53 pounds makes the gas stove easy to carry and convenient to store.
The stove measures 30.8 x 18 x 4.4 centimeters. That makes it a compact gear that is easy to carry.
The stove works on Liquefied Petroleum Gas (Butane). It is a non-toxic gas that liquefies quickly and is also lightweight. Thus, it is one of the best options for camping, hiking, and traveling without worrying about any adversity or accident.
A strong heavy-duty case makes it ruff and tuff. There are fewer chances of scratches and breakage. It is also compact. Thus, you can store it in any place. Carry it in your backpack without stressing your shoulders.
The stove has a pressure-sensitive safety governor system. The stove is available with a pressure valve that helps control the pressure of the gas. There is a spring in the valve under the piston that builds up pressure to open the valve.
- Excellent for camping, emergency use, outdoor cooking, and more.
- The stove burns for long hours with a single canister.
- Switching on the stove is convenient with the Piezo ignition. No lighter or matchstick is needed.
- It has a BTU of 7600 that makes it highly efficient.
- The carry case is available with the burner that makes it convenient to take along while camping.
- A single burner system does not allow you to make two things together.
The downward step design of the burner makes it ineffective to the wind. With hyper-flame technology, it provides twice more heat and helps in faster cooking.
It has holes of the same size that help to cook the food evenly while camping. Further, it has a non-slippery feet design that keeps the burner in place while cooking outdoors on uneven surfaces.
The stove weighs 15.7 pounds, making it heavier than our cheapest choice, which is only 6.53 pounds.
If you can carry it while traveling, it is worth the money you spend. You will not regret taking it while camping and hiking too.
The stove is 62cm in length x 45cm in depth x 13.5cm in Height. It is double in size as compared to its counterparts.
There are two burners of the same size that allow you to cook two different things simultaneously. Moreover, the stove provides even heat distribution due to the large holes of the same size.
The aluminum cooktop is designed with removable pan support that makes it convenient to clean. It also has a heavy-duty latch that keeps it locked while traveling through uneven terrain.
Moreover, it also has a steel burner with a corner bumper design that absorbs heat, oil, dust, and more.
The stove uses disposable LPG bottles weighing 453 grams. It further has a BTU of 12000 per burner that makes it highly effective.
- It is one of the stoves that have a new patent two-burner technology.
- From simmer to boil, you can use the stove as per your preference.
- It resembles a home gas stove and is easy to use.
- With the stove, you also get a gas hose for a ⅜ BSP cylinder.
- The stove can be used for two 30 cm pots simultaneously.
- It comes with a three-year warranty.
- For using the heat setting, you need to start using the burner before heading camping.
It is one of the best stoves that you can use in place of a BBQ. A BBQ grill while camping is not possible to carry due to its large size. Thus this mini version cooker stove has pot trivets with a diameter of 23cms that makes the gear user-friendly and easy to clean.
It weighs 14.33 pounds, making it easy to carry along while camping and for outdoor picnics.
Its dimension is 71.5 cm in width X 38 cm in depth X height, including the legs 12cm. It has a large size as compared to its counterparts.
LPG is used in this cooker stove. Suppose the BTU is higher than other stoves, which is 25,600. With a higher BTU, the burner produces more heat thus, allowing it to cook quickly in less time.
The strong benchtop makes the stove easy to use and clean. Moreover, the piezo ignition allows the user to switch on the gas without a lighter or a matchstick. The stainless steel finish of the stove makes it long-lasting.
Two burners with a wok design cooker stove that need a POL regulator to work smoothly.
- The cast iron burners are large enough to produce more heat for fast cooking.
- Stainless steel body and powdered coated pot trivet make it easy to clean the stove.
- With this stove, you also get a ⅜ rear gas connection.
- The buyer receives a POL regulator and 120mm hose.
- Vast space in between the burners allows the user to use lots of different sizes with ease.
- According to some users, the knob does not work smoothly.
The overall size of the stove is 63cm x 36cm x 38cm. The height of the stove is higher as compared to the other stoves in the article. This helps the stove stay much above the ground and makes it perfect for outdoor purposes.
Its weight is 12.3 pounds that make it lighter than its counterparts. But the last stove mentioned in the article is lighter in weight than all.
This stove works on LPG. LPG gas stove is the most common and most used fuel for ignition of stoves indoors and outdoors.
This stove consists of three burners, two with a BTU of 8600 and one with 6400 BTU. Now making three different food items is possible and much more convenient.
The solid design makes the stove ideal for camping and traveling. The chrome-plated burners, with powder-coated cabinets and stainless steel pot trivets, make it all the more safe and long-lasting.
The gear’s unique Feature is its three burners, making it stand out from its counterparts. Further, the steel drip tray makes it all the more convenient to use.
- The piezo ignition makes it convenient to use.
- A 1200mm hose is also available that allows the user to connect with ⅜ LH cylinder.
- The gear is available with a warranty of three years.
- It is lightweight, portable, and easy to use the equipment.
The stove offers a 50 x 30 cm cooking area that makes the stove great for outdoor cooking, traveling, and camping.
Its weight is 15 pounds, making it ideal for traveling and carrying around.
The stove comes with a dual burner, each with a BTU of 12000 power. Together the stove can work with a BTU OF 24000. It works on LPG with Piezo ignition. This makes it great for any outdoor activity.
It has a durable powder-coated design that is of stainless steel. It has a windshield on all three sides makes the gear ideal even when it is pretty windy.
For convenient transportation, there are internal handles. Further, the stove folds up into a compact gear that makes it highly portable.
The burner adjustment control feature makes it convenient for the user to set the heat. Further, it also has a fold-down lid that helps keep the stove safe after use.
You can also use a lid-lock to keep the stove as-it-is for years. The lid-lock also helps keep the stove neat and clean.
- Anyone can control the stove as it has a burner control feature.
- Highly compact and portable gear.
- Three side windshield makes it ideal for any weather.
- There is a lid lock system that keeps the stove protected from dust, rain, debris, and more.
- Cooking and grilling both are possible on this duplex stove.
- The buyer gets a 600mm power hose with the stove.
This double-burner gas stove weighs only 3.5 pounds, making it very portable and easy to carry while hiking, camping, traveling with family, and much more.
This stove is 43.2 cm in length, 19.7 cm in width, and the height with the trivets and the legs is 11.5 cm.
The stove is made with powder-coated stainless steel with a blue color that makes it look attractive. The trivets are made of stainless steel.
Propane gas is used to ignite the stove. Propane is a highly versatile gas due to its portability and long shelf life.
For all those looking for lightweight gear to take along while going camping, this stove is perfect. The buyer will get a bag to keep the stove safe. With this device, one also receives a regulator for easy installation.
For camping, one can use disposable canisters or attach regulators with the large LPG gas cylinders.
- The trivets are removable that makes cleaning and storing the gear easy.
- Durable construction makes it tough and long-lasting.
- Highly lightweight and portable.
- Use it with disposable canisters, Large gas cylinders, and more.
- Its low profile makes it ideal for camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
- It has a warranty of only 12 months though other stoves in this article have three years warranty.
- Gas bottles are not available in the package.
Best Camping Stove – Buyers Guide
Types of fuel
When selecting the best camping stoves, it is essential to check the fuel type. Some stoves operate using Butane and Propane, alcohol, wood, solid fuels, and more.
- LPG: It is one of the most preferred fuels used while camping. It is safe, user-friendly, and Emmett has large amounts of heat required for cooking when in snowy mountains and out in windy weather. Butane and Propane are both two different forms of LPG.
- Wood: those who prefer the fragrance of wood can go on using it as fuel. It is low-cost and popular with hikers and camping.
- Spirits: All those who go camping for months prefer using alcohol/ spirits as fuel. It is also easy to use and is lightweight, ideal for backpackers. Spirits are budget-friendly options but are not so popular.
- Chemical fuels: like Hexy blocks are easy to use and are cost-effective too. The only issue with it is that after it burns, it leaves residue and makes the stove dirty.
When looking for the best camping stove, do check all the additional accessories that it has.
- Carry Bag: A bag to store the stove after use is best. It will keep it safe from dust, water, sand, and more.
- Windshield: Ensure that the stove has windshields from the three sides mentioned in Zempire Two burner grill stove. It helps cook food without any issues.
- A drip tray is also necessary so that the oil and food fall in one place and cleaning becomes convenient, as mentioned in Companion Three Burner Deluxe Gas Stove.
- A lid lock system is also necessary as it keeps the stove protected and makes it portable and easy to carry while camping. Zempire Two burner grill stove has a lid lock system.
- Piezo ignition: there are chances that you may forget to carry a matchstick or lighter while traveling outdoors. But with piezo ignition, you do not need these things as it automatically helps you ignite the stove.
There are single, dual, and three burner camping stoves about which are mentioned in the article. All three are suitable for outdoor activities.
- Single-burner is best for a person who is adventurous and prefers going for outdoor activities alone.
- Dual burner stoves are best for couples and friends who love camping together.
- Three burner stoves: are best when you are camping in a group.
Burner Performance (BTU)
BTU stands for British Thermal Unit. While camping, it is essential to take a stove that has a higher BTU. The higher the BTU, the better will be the cooking process, and heat distribution can be more even. More heat means you can cook food quickly.